Wednesday, March 14, 2012

When Life Happens and You Realize, Oh Crap, I Haven't Blogged in a While

Welllllll............I'm back after a brief hiatis from blogging.  Today is my first set of home games and the weather is absolutely gorgeous out.  Apparently our team brought back some nice weather from Florida.  I apologize for those of you have been reading up on me for not keeping you posted.  Sometimes life happens and you realize that some things may take precedent over others.  My season, my team, and my job were one of my main concerns for the past month.  Now that I have made it through preseason and our spring trip I can reflect back on what has been going on with me in the realm of this 90 day challenge.

Although it may seem that I have given up on the 90 day challenge with my lack of attention payed to the blog and small challenges set forth by Jay, I have been keeping up with it in my own way.  Today I weighed in under 170 for the first time in roughly 3 years.  Oh what a glorious feeling!  I have been IF'ing for the past few weeks (Florida was a bit difficult-ALERT-85 degrees and sun for 8 hours does not a good IF make.) I almost passed out on the first day.  So I decided to go to my normal eating habits and try my best to keep in clean.  I had Chipotle roughly 3 times! I have also surprised myself each week in my performances in the first 3 Open WODs. 

12.1-84 Burpees
12.2-74 Snatches
12.3-7 rounds+27

The strides that I have made over the past few months have given me the upmost confidence that I CAN do anything that I put my mind to.  Movements that were taking me months and months to get are finally coming to fruition.  Don't get me wrong, they still need work, but I can remember back when I first started and was staring in awe at people and now I can actually do some of those movements!!

ANYWHO!  I know we have less than 20 days left.  I am mentally preparing myself for the after picture.  I'm glad I have a tan.  I am pretty sure at this point I don't consider myself in the running for any big prizes.  However, this is in no way me pulling out of the race!!  I think credit needs to be given to those that have been completely strict through the 90 days.  I know I haven't!  You all should be commended/given a purple heart/hugged for a full day.  That takes some major discipline (which I know I need to work on still).  You are inspirational people and truly deserve to be recongnized for what you have accomplished.  I look forward to seeing your transformations and reading about what you have achieved over the 90 days.

Here's to the next 20........and the lifestyles we will continue even after it's all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment